Head of Computing
at Stoke High School – Ormiston Academy
Academy: Stoke High School – Ormiston Academy
Salary: MPS/UPS TLR 2b
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 17 April 2020, 9:00 am
Start date: September 2020
At Stoke High School we have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and inspirational teacher who wants to make a real difference and who is capable of leading the Computing department through its next stage of development.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with as much enthusiasm about Computing as we have.
- An inspirational teacher, who believes in high aspirations for all students
- An individual who is highly creative and enthusiastic
- A teacher who is passionate about innovative learning and teaching
Meet the team:
- This position could be for either an experienced teacher or for someone with much less experience but with bags of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- We have a fantastic Computing department that you will be part of and will have a salaried SCITT to join us from September.
- We have seven ICT suites across the school and two technicians.
- We’re a really exciting and interesting place to be. We have a large number of very bright and able students and a higher than average percentage of EAL, SEN and PP students.
- Staff and students are very positive and it’s a vibrant and exciting place to work.
- We have a brand-new gym that staff can use, a weekly yoga session and we have regular badminton tournaments, running groups, football sessions and staff socials.
- We are part of one of the largest trusts in the country and there are lots of opportunities to share ideas and collaborate.
- We work closely with two local secondary schools and this allows the departments to share training and resources.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? Please contact Andrew Robinson (Principal) on 01473 601252 for an informal chat and to arrange a visit to the academy. Alternatively you can email the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application form and job description can be found on the website www.stokehighoa.co.uk. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the academy: Maidenhall Approach, Ipswich IP2 8PL.
CVs are not accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.